Québec City at its Best
Rainy Day Fun in Québec City
Weather too hot? Or maybe too wet? You’ll find shopping malls and museums of all kinds in and around Québec City, but the rainy day fun doesn’t stop there. Forget all about that bad weather or heatwave and head to the great indoors!
Credit: Parliament Building, OTQ Zoom
Even if the weather stops you from strolling the streets of Old Québec, there are plenty of ways to visit the city indoors. Here are a few you won’t want to miss: Observatoire de la Capitale, Parliament Building and Plains of Abraham Museum. Find out more about the must-see indoor sites in Old Québec.
Indoor Family Activities
Your kids are full of beans, rain or shine. Which means they’ll love:
Credit: Aquarium du Québec, Sépaq Zoom
- Touching Atlantic skates and rays in a tank and learning about them from an animal keeper at Aquarium du Québec
- Jumping, bouncing, and summersaulting on the interconnected trampolines at Isaute
- More energy to burn? They’ll go nuts with all the games at Récréofun and Carie Factory—two super‑fun amusement centers
- Experience Bora Park's Polynesian atmosphere and slides at Valcartier Vacation Village, a 102 000 square foot indoor water park.
Activities to Kick Back and Relax
Bad weather is a good reason to take it easy. After all, you’re on vacation.
- Love action and adventure? See a movie on the biggest screen in the country at Cinéma Cineplex IMAX
- For a sit and a think, set yourself down at Chez Paillard or Café Krieghoff—both perfect for people watching
- Fond of books? Curl up with a good one at the Morrin Centre, home to one of the world’s most beautiful Victorian libraries
Beat the rain or the heat with these sporty ideas:
- Climb up the indoor walls at one of Québec’s climbing gyms
- Swim a couple lengths at a one of Québec City’s indoor pools or go Olympic sized at Université Laval's PEPS