Québec City at its Best
Your Complete Guide to a Colourful Thanksgiving Weekend
The fall colours in the Québec City Area will be at their peak during the Thanksgiving long weekend (October 6–8 this year in Canada). It’s the perfect time to take a stroll through the streets of Old Québec or enjoy the great outdoors in the dazzling beauty of the local forests. Here are some fun things to do during a stay in Québec City.
The fall colours are at their most brilliant during the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend. Plus, the Québec City Area has loads of fun fall activities. It’s the perfect time to head out into the woods for a favourite outdoor activity and a boost of energy before winter arrives.
Inspiring Cultural Outings
- Unusual Passages: Make the most of the weekend and the brilliant fall colours by exploring this outdoor art exhibition. The photo ops alone are worth the trip!
- London Calling: Dive into central London and its colourful creative scenes with this immersive journey through one of the world’s foremost cultural capitals, at Musée de la civilisation.
Fun Family Activities
- Halloween Decorations on the Plains of Abraham: Have fun with the kids and give them a sneak preview of Halloween at Joan of Arc Garden, a historic gem nestled in the Battlefields Park. The garden is gorgeous in the fall and is decked out for Halloween all October long, with spooky props and spookier tales from the annals of the Plains of Abraham.
- Nature-Adventure Sarbayä Park : Looking for adventure? Head to Nature-Adventure Park Sarbayä and go swinging through the trees on their zip line trail, strung up between earth and sky in Québec City’s biggest natural park.
- Apple picking: Apple picking is a popular activity among locals at this time of the year. There are many orchards where you can enjoy this sweet activity in a beautiful setting.
- The Great Color Adventure: With a pumpkin hunt, bouncy games, mountain biking, and plenty of fun surprises for the whole family, Mont-Sainte‑Anne is one of the best places around to enjoy the glories of fall.
First time in Québec City? Use our handy 3‑day itinerary to help you plan your trip!
Our complete Thanksgiving holiday calendar is also full of great ideas to help you plan your weekend.